Sociological Research Online
- Frequency: 4 issues per year (March, June, September, December)
- Editors: Tim Butcher, Editor-in-Chief (University of Tasmania), Edmund Coleman-Fountain (University of York), Christian Karner (University of Lincoln), Rachela Colosi (University of Lincoln), Laura Way (University of Lincoln), Anna Tarrant (University of Lincoln), James Pattison (University of Lincoln), Sam Hillyard (University of Lincoln)
- Book Reviews Editors: Edwin van Teijlingen and Katharine Venter
- Free online access for BSA members
- Follow us on Twitter: @socresonline
- Read the Journal
- Submit to SRO
The BSA is delighted to publish Sociological Research Online with SAGE. The journal provides an important publishing outlet for peer reviewed sociological research.
Sociological Research Online was launched as the first online-only peer-reviewed sociology journal in 1996. It used new technologies to publish original qualitative and quantitative research, audio, visual and video data, thematic special sections and rapid response calls.
The journal welcome submissions of high quality applied sociology, focusing on theoretical, empirical and methodological discussions that engage with current political, cultural and intellectual topics and debates. Articles published by Sociological Research Online are concerned with the application of sociological forms of analysis to a wide range of public issues and private concerns, thereby demonstrating the wide social relevance of sociological research and theory to understanding contemporary social issues.
If you would like to subscribe to Sociological Research Online, why not join the BSA and receive access to the journal a part of your membership benefits package?
For information on the roles and responsibilities of Editorial Team, the Editorial Board, Associate Board and the International Advisory Board, as well as the selection criteria and procedures of Sociological Research Online, please refer to the BSA Journal Terms of Reference.