BSA Young Sociologist of the Year Competition
This year our competition question was ‘To what extent, and in what ways, is patriarchy alive and kicking?’
Entries for 2023 are closed and we'd like to thank everyone who submitted.
How to Enter
Entries are closed.
Terms and conditions:
- Entries must be accompanied by confirmation from a Sociology teacher that it is the work of the pupil.
- Entries must be lone submissions (not joint).
- Reports must 2,000 words (excluding bibliography, figures, tables etc.)
- Entries submitted in the form of a video or podcast must not exceed 10 minutes.
- We reserve the right to check submitted works for plagiarism using online tools.
- Reference to other scholars (including teachers, books, articles and websites) should be acknowledged.
- All work must be written or presented in the English language.
- The judges’ decision is final and we reserve the right to publish your entry with your permission.
The British Sociological Association (BSA) is the national subject association for sociologists in the UK and its primary objective is to promote sociology. The BSA is the largest sociological network in the UK and is the public face of sociology in Britain.