Aims and Objectives
- A forum that enables the critical development of STS research across a diverse range of fields;
- A professional network in which to bring together academics, researchers, postgraduate and doctoral students working on social studies of science and technology;
- A context in which interdisciplinary (inter)national networking can take place in order to encourage (inter)national research collaborations;
- An environment that seeks to safeguard independent STS scholarship in the face of cuts to the social sciences and humanities.
The Study Group will take a developmental approach to building support and aims to undertake the following activities over the next two years:
- Initial meeting with representatives from all leading STS groups in the UK in Autumn 2012 to establish a common agenda.
- Annual postgraduate and ECR meeting.
- Biannual conference – alternate with EASST.
- Symposia/workshops on areas of methodological, theoretical and subject specific interest to the membership.
- Involvement in events and activities linked to training or scholarly activity in STS, such as DTC activities, international conferences and workshops.
Take a look at the Group's Annual Report.