Aims and Objectives
- A forum that enables the critical development of STS research across a diverse range of fields;
- A professional network in which to bring together academics, researchers, postgraduate and doctoral students working on social studies of science and technology;
- A context in which interdisciplinary (inter)national networking can take place in order to encourage (inter)national research collaborations;
- To safeguard STS as a field of study within sociology.
The Study Group takes a developmental approach to building support and undertakes the following activities:
- Seminars and workshops on areas of methodological, theoretical, and subject-specific interest to the membership.
- STS-related professionalisation events for Early Career Researchers.
- Organisation of STS panels and plenaries at the BSA annual conference.