Below you can find details of some of our previous events and read reports on the activities and insights.
Environment and Human Health – Social Perspectives: One-Day Workshop (BSA Climate Change, Environment & Health and London Medical Sociology Study Groups)
BSA Climate Change Study Group Workshop: Writing Excellent Articles about Society & the Environment. Read the report.
BSA Climate Change Study Group: Re-Configuring Everyday Practices for a Post-carbon World
Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK
Conceptual and Methodological Challenges of Researching Climate Change at Multiple Scales
University of Southampton, UK
16 January 2012
BSA Climate Change Study Group: Social dimensions of climate change – a unique book launch and discussion event - Report
British Library, London, UK
23 November 2011
BSA Climate Change Study Group one-day Seminar: Climate Change, Consumption and Daily Life: The Role of the State - Report
Manchester University (North Campus), UK
Download the Programme.
17 January 2011
BSA Climate Change Study Group - Launch Event
The British Library Conference Centre, London, UK
The launch event was a great success. Presentations and a report on the day's activities are available below.
- Welcome Presentation - Elizabeth Shove
- Governance and Climate Change - Graham Smith, Professor of Politics, University of Southampton
- Food and Climate Change - Jessica Paddock
- Governing low carbon transitions - Adrian Smith, SPRU – Science & Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex
- Eating practices: the challenges and ingredients for a sociology of sustainable food consumption - Dale Southerton, Sustainable Practices Research Group, Sustainable Consumption Institute, Manchester University
- Sociology, Climate Change and Mobilities II - Rachel Aldred, University of East London
- Audience Questions for the panel
- Audience suggestions for future study group activities