Historical & Comparative Sociology Study Group
Aims and Objectives
The Historical and Comparative Sociology Study Group aims to promote historical and comparative scholarship in sociology research and teaching. This is done by a range of professional activities, such as:
- Facilitating collaboration and the exchange of ideas by organising conference streams, plenaries and regular meetings.
- Providing a structure for the dissemination of information by establishing online and offline communication platforms such as email lists and a web presence.
- Promoting interdisciplinary dialogue with colleagues in the fields of history, political science, and cultural studies.
- Outreach to journals for special issues related to historical and comparative research in the UK.
- Lobbying of ESRC, AHRC, Leverhulme and other grant writing bodies to incorporate Comparative and Historical studies in funding programmes.
Take a look at the Historical & Comparative Sociology Study Group Annual Report.