Join the Group
The BSA offer a reduced membership rate to teachers in UK Schools and Further Education Colleges.
As a member of the BSA, you'll have access to the following benefits:
- Exclusive access to the Members Area of our website.
- Huge discounts on conference and event registration.
- Up to 50% discount on selected SAGE Publications books and journals.
- FREE access to BSA Member SAGE Sociology Journal Collection.
- Choice of international BSA journals,‘Sociology’ or‘Work, Employment & Society’.
- Three issues per year of the BSA's popular magazine, ‘Network’.
- Exclusive Eligibility for BSA prizes and funding opportunities.
Being a member of the Teaching Group also comes with additional benefits, which include:
- FREE subscription to The Sociology Teacher, the online journal published three times a year which includes articles written by leading academics in the Social Sciences, reviews of recently published books and other informative editorial.
- Regional staff and student events which include member discount.
- Regular news and views, ideas and proposals for lessons and a range of useful resources.
- Support enabling you to raise the profile of Social Science teaching in your own region.
The annual membership period runs from January to December each year. Applications received before 1 October will be processed for the current calendar year. Applications received after 1 October will be processed for the following calendar year. New joiners applying for membership after 1 October receive the remainder of the current year FREE including the Winter edition of the Members' Magazine "Network".
If you have any general administrative enquiries regarding the Teaching Group, please contact the BSA Office.