Join the Group
The BSA offer a reduced membership rate to teachers in UK Schools and Further Education Colleges.
As a member of the BSA, you'll have access to the following benefits:
- Exclusive access to the Members Area of our website.
- Huge discounts on conference and event registration.
- Up to 50% discount on selected SAGE Publications books and journals.
- FREE access to BSA Member SAGE Sociology Journal Collection.
- Choice of international BSA journals,‘Sociology’ or‘Work, Employment & Society’.
- Three issues per year of the BSA's popular magazine, ‘Network’.
- Exclusive Eligibility for BSA prizes and funding opportunities.
Being a member of the Teaching Group also comes with additional benefits, which include:
- FREE subscription to The Sociology Teacher, the online journal published three times a year which includes articles written by leading academics in the Social Sciences, reviews of recently published books and other informative editorial.
- Regional staff and student events which include member discount.
- Regular news and views, ideas and proposals for lessons and a range of useful resources.
- Support enabling you to raise the profile of Social Science teaching in your own region.
The annual membership period runs from January to December each year. Applications received before 1 October will be processed for the current calendar year. Applications received after 1 October will be processed for the following calendar year. New joiners applying for membership after 1 October receive the remainder of the current year FREE including the Winter edition of the Members' Magazine "Network".
If you have any queries, please contact the BSA Teaching Group.