Second BSA conference on Society, Environment and Human Health
Friday 27 October 2017
University of Cardiff School of Social Sciences,
Call for papers
There are intricate interactions between the natural environment and human health and wellbeing. This wide-ranging research area thus presents an important agenda for social analysis across themulti-disciplinary areas of environment and human health, and for public policy and activity.
Building on our successful conference in 2016, we invite submissions of abstracts for papers that explore social processes involving environment and human health.
Accepted papers will also have the opportunity to be considered for a special issue on Environment and Health in the peer-reviewed journal 'Health'.
Papers may discuss:
- Social theories of environment and human health and/or wellbeing.
- Climate change and human health.
- Human rights, environment and health.
- Environment and public health
- Public policy and/or governance on health and environment
- Beyond human impacts: rethinking environmental health.
Abstracts for 20 minute papers are now invited. Please submit your abstract (300 words max, plus title, your name, affiliation and e-mail address) by Wednesday 31 May 2017 to:
using 'EHH Conference' as the subject line.
Successful submissions will be notified by 3 July 2017.
Book a place at the conference