Girling Feminism: Towards a feminist theory of girlhood
A BSA Postgraduate Forum Event
14 May 2019 (9.30-5pm)
University of Glasgow, Yudowitz room, Wolfson Medical Building
About the Event
There has been an explosion in girls studies work in the academy over the last decade. While scholars in the field have made important inroads in the theorising of girlhood, much work remains to be done. This one-day symposium has been designed around theorising girlhood sociologically and will involve speakers and discussion from academics across the UK.
- Professor Lisa McDaid – University of Glasgow
- Professor Jessica Ringrose – University College London
- Professor Angela McRobbie – Goldsmiths, University of London
- Dr Geetha Marcus – University of Glasgow
- Dr Victoria Cann – University of East Anglia
- Dr Susan Batchelor – University of Glasgow
- Dr Sarah Hill – University of Newcastle
- Dr Wallis Seaton – Keele University
- Dr Linda Aloysius - Central Saint Martins and University of East London
- Dr Lisa Overton - Middlesex University
- Elizabeth Nelson
- BSA members: £5
- Non BSA members: £15
Lunch and refreshments included with registration fee.
There is also an optional evening dinner, this is self-funded, please register your interest in attending dinner with the event organisers.