Disability and Health Inequalities in Times of COVID-19 Webinar 4: Disabled responses to the Covid-19 pandemic
A BSA Disability Study Group Webinar Series
16 July 2020 (3.45-5.00pm)
About the Event
The BSA’s Disability Study Group invites you to attend the webinar series, Disability and Health Inequalities in Times of COVID-19. The webinars will take place over five Thursday afternoons in June-July 2020, between 3.45-5pm. Each webinar consists of 3-4 presentations, of each 10-15 minutes long. Each presentation concerns a reflection on or analysis of disability and/or health inequalities in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and responses thereto.
The programme is interdisciplinary and thematically and methodologically diverse, and we are very excited about this. At the end of each webinar the hosts will take questions to the presenters.
Programme - Webinar 4: Disabled responses to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Managing emotions and its impact in performing gender roles among people with disabilities: Ways forward in working solutions during Covid-19 response by Shruthi Venkatachalam (University of Bristol)
- Peer Health Navigators Speak Out During COVID-19 by Andrea LeFlore, Ron Booze, Ryann Brown & Deana Herrman (University of Illinois at Chicago, Our Peers-Empowerment & Navigational Support Study)
- Learning from Disabled people by Jacqueline Nicholson and Fiona Kumari Campbell (University of Aberdeen, University of Dundee, NADSN)
- Coronavirus and the social impacts on disabled people in Great Britain by Josephine Foubert and David Ainslie (Office for National Statistics)
Please note that each webinar has a separate link, so you will need to register for all the webinars that you would like to attend. You can watch the webinars with captions, or read their transcript, once they are uploaded to the BSA’s YouTube channel.
Find below some practical information.
- Dates: 25 June, 2 July, 9 July, 16 July, 23 July 2020
- Time: 3.45-5pm (UK time)
- Organisation: BSA Disability Study Group. Host: Dr Sarah Woodin
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Please register for all the webinars that you want to attend.
- Platform: We will use Zoom. Attendants do not need to have access to a camera and/or a microphone. You can write questions in the Q&A box. If you do not have (stable) access to the internet, please contact the BSA to get a phone number in your country so that you can attend by calling in.
- Disability access: The webinars will be recorded and uploaded to the BSA’s YouTube channel with captions. A transcript will also be made available.