Disability and Health Inequalities in Times of COVID-19 Webinar 3: Intersectional inequalities, part 1
A BSA Disability Study Group Webinar Series
9 July 2020 (3.45-5.00pm)
About the Event
The BSA’s Disability Study Group invites you to attend the webinar series, Disability and Health Inequalities in Times of COVID-19. The webinars will take place over five Thursday afternoons in June-July 2020, between 3.45-5pm. Each webinar consists of 3-4 presentations, of each 10-15 minutes long. Each presentation concerns a reflection on or analysis of disability and/or health inequalities in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and responses thereto.
The programme is interdisciplinary and thematically and methodologically diverse, and we are very excited about this. At the end of each webinar the hosts will take questions to the presenters.
Programme - Webinar 3: Intersectional inequalities, part 1
- Psychosocial risk factors and the determinants of health inequalities among Young People living with disabilities in Africa by Kene Onukwube (Independent Researcher)
- Disability, Gender and Migration: Theorising COVID-19 Health Inequalities and Disability from a Gendered and Migration Perspective by Rumana Hashem (University of Warwick)
- What about us? Concerns that COVID-19 will widen the mental and physical health disparities experienced by autistic individuals by Dr Monique Botha (University of Surrey)
- Racial inequality in the UK and the experiences of some persons with sickle cell disease by Myrle Blaine (University of Derby)
Please note that each webinar has a separate link, so you will need to register for all the webinars that you would like to attend. You can watch the webinars with captions, or read their transcript, once they are uploaded to the BSA’s YouTube channel.
Find below some practical information.
- Dates: 25 June, 2 July, 9 July, 16 July, 23 July 2020
- Time: 3.45-5pm (UK time)
- Organisation: BSA Disability Study Group. Hosts: Dr Dyi Huijg and Dr Sarah Woodin
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Please register for all the webinars that you want to attend.
- Platform: We will use Zoom. Attendants do not need to have access to a camera and/or a microphone. You can write questions in the Q&A box. If you do not have (stable) access to the internet, please contact the BSA to get a phone number in your country so that you can attend by calling in.
- Disability access: The webinars will be recorded and uploaded to the BSA’s YouTube channel with captions. A transcript will also be made available.