BSA Auto/Biography Summer Conference 2021
15–16 July 2021
Virtual Conference (Zoom)
About the Event
We are pleased to announce the call for papers for the Summer 2021 Auto/Biography Study Group conference entitled Troubling Auto/Biography. We welcome papers that focus on auto/biographical critical reflection on troubles, the troublesome, and/or the troubling aspects of auto/biographical practices and products.
We are delighted that our keynote will be given by:
- Chrissie Rogers, Professor of Sociology, Director of Tizard Centre, School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research, University of Kent, and is entitled: Troubling auto/biography: mothering, disability and care beyond the crime
Call for Papers
We invite abstract submissions (250 words) for 30-minute oral presentations followed by discussion. We are pleased to invite papers from across the broadest range of auto/biographical work, including ‘work-in-progress’ and those testing out innovative approaches. We are committed to ensuring that our conferences provide a rich, supportive environment for all colleagues, and the development of their academic work and the field of auto/biography.
Please submit your abstract electronically. Click submit from the right-hand side menu and then register with the BSA, unless you already have a BSA account (it does not require membership). The BSA Events Team is on hand to offer any assistance with your questions about submission. Please note, we are unable to accept abstracts via email.
The abstract submission deadline is Monday, 29 March 2021 at midnight, abstracts received after this date will not be considered.
To attend the virtual conference all presenters must register and pay by Friday, 4 June, and other attendees by Wednesday, 30 June. The conference registration rates are:
- BSA Member Registration: £40
- Auto/Biography Study Group Member Registration: £40
- Non-Member Registration: £60
The key dates leading up to the conference are as follows:
- Abstract submission deadline: 29 March 2021
- Abstracts notification and conference registration opens: 30 April 2021
- Presenter booking deadline: 4 June 2021
- Delegate booking deadline: 30 June 2021
- Conference: 15-16 July 2021
All enquiries about the conference to the BSA Events Team.